Personal Training

Sunday, April 11, 2010

BootCamp Paleo Challenge!!

This year I started coaching Bayou City CrossFit Boot Camps! This has been an amazing experience! I have got some of the most AMAZING women in my classes! Since the beginning of this, I have told all of them how I choose to eat, the Paleo Diet. It is not some fad diet, I don't count calories, my food is not delivered to my door and taste like plastic. In a nut shell it is a cleaner way of eating. It is also know as the "caveman diet", basically I eat what ever you can hunt, pick or gather and eat! Now in this day in age that is not always entirely possible, so I just eat as clean and organic as possible. Lean meats, veggies, nuts and seeds, some fruit (by this I mean not ALOT) little starch, NO grains, no dairy, no sugar (processed/refined...not natural). From the beginning I said that to see the results you want from my boot camps, you need to change the way you eat. Not only for that flat tummy, but to have the energy you need to get through the day and more importantly one of the WOD's! But I have never forced it on anyone. Just talked about it, let them know how my workouts are going and how I am feeling.

Well I am proud to say that a few weeks ago, the girls said they wanted to do a challenge! They wanted to try eating the "Paleo" way! I was so impressed. Some of them have been with me now for almost three months. And I can see huge differences in them! The are stronger, they are leaning out, and are showing first signs of definition in their arms! But the biggest difference is their willingness to give this way of eating a shot! (So Proud) They know that they will be giving up things that we have all eaten for years! They know that it is going to require some extra time in the kitchen. They know that it will be difficult at first. But they are willing to give it a shot!

So starting on Monday we will be measuring, weighing and taking pictures of the girls! And off they go! I will be posting recipes for them here and sending them a weekly email with recipes and encouragement. I am really excited to see what happens! So stay tuned and I will be giving updates on the girls and their progress on this little adventure!

TIME TO START EATING CLEANER!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment