Personal Training

Monday, February 21, 2011

A Good Week!

So last week I ran the loop at Memorial Park..for the first time since the "tear". As Katie and I pulled up I told her my heart was slamming and I was afraid. I have never been a runner. And although I have come to really enjoy it in the past two years, I knew taking five months off was going to have an impact. BUT...it felt GREAT. We ran it in under 27 minutes! I think that is better then when I stopped. And I was pumped! The next day proved to have another challenge for me..EVA!! Ahh..something I have managed to avoid for two years. For those of you who do not know Eva...5 rounds, 800m run, 30 KB Swings @53#, 30 Pullups!! It is nasty! No two ways around it. But I figured it was the week for new things! So I did it...it took me 61 minutes and some change! Honestly I can not remember the last time I worked out that long! My calf cramped up, 53#s never felt so heavy and oh lets not forget my hands....
Like that!?!?!
On to the next day...again another good run with Katie! And Friday another named WOD..Kelly..with more running and my two least fav things wall balls and box jumps. But I powered through, even if I did want to quit on the third round.
It felt good to tackle these things this week. I tried new things, conquered some fears and started getting back in the swing of things! I was able to do a lot of my workouts with Katie and that has just been AMAZING!! She is a great coach, an awesome workout buddy and a fantastic whip cracker/motivator! SO thanks Katie! Lets kick some butt this week and get you ready for your half this weekened!!!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Shelbster! That was a good week of running and wods and you kicked some serious butt. Sorry i have been MIA in the wods this week, after my half we'll get back on it! Keep up the hard training!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! Eva! I remember a certain 2 people asking me to do that wod one saturday about a year and half ago. Turns out those 2 people, one who's name rhymes with Sharlie, backed off and it was just me. Haha. Congrats on finishing it Shelby! Great job and keep at it. Proud of ya.
    Theo

    ReplyDelete